Monday, December 8, 2008

Meeting a Wrestler



Well yesterday is a day my son, and the rest of my children, hubby included, will never forget. Thanks to Johnny's Suzuki , who had Matt Hardy, come to a signing. So off we go for a 1pm to 3pm meeting. We left at 12:15pm., it is only 10 minutes away and we know that only the first 500 are getting in the door. Silly me thinking we would arrive, wait a few minutes(at the door), meet him and go home. NOT. No instead we show up to a line that is already half way down the building and growing by the second. LOL. Must have been at least 150 people before us and another 300 after us. So now we wait. Can my kids stand still? NO. We are hitting, doing wrestling moves and whining. I threaten to leave (hubby says NO WAY) there goes that threat, more fidgeting, other kids get involved, hubster leaves for the free food(brings back none for the rest of us). So now we are on the countdown with the News Crew waiting for his arrival,WHAT, it is 1pm and he is not here! The natives are getting restless. 1:15 no show, 1:30 no show, really getting worried not coming, then the moment "I see a limo" yells some kid. Screams then the race too it. This is 1:45pm. So much chaos that they have to drive him into the service bay so he can even get out of the limo. Kids are smooched against the window to see him. Mine scream "there he is" then he is gone. Line finally begins to move slowly. I am really thinking we might not get to see him (he does have a wrestling match at 6pm at our coliseum). Finally we move, closer, closer then we are the next set of ten in the doors. (Which they lock and unlock with each group.) The doors unlock, the kids are estatic, we walk in and up to a table where he sits with a pen and ECW paper. My kids are armed with autograph books and wrestling magazines. He signs his name to there stuff and one ECW paper, a lady says get on each side of him in front of the table, for a picture, which my daughter proceeds to stand right in front of him, lady was a little annoyed when moving her, (Not my fault she is the center of our world) LOL. Hubby gets two seconds for photo, quick hand shake and we are moved out the door. YEA! The car is in site. We left the building at 2:45pm and Matt Hardy left the grounds, right at 3pm. I really felt sorry for the ones who did not get in the doors. They said later that night on the news that the limo driver got lost. But he did have time for an interview for the sports casters, which was good. Over all it was a fun, worthwhile event but we do hope we can attend the next WWE event live. It did teach me a valuable lesson that the next time I hear on the radio there is a signing somewhere I will keep it to myself, unless it is someone I want to see. LOL.

No comments: