Thursday, December 4, 2008

McDonald's Gotta Love Them




Well tonight I had the ultimate treat of going to McDonald's with my three kids and my daughters friend. Of course on the way there I am naming every other restaurant possible. LOL. I do love McDonald's it is my comfort food but once a month is all I can handle. Now my kids could eat it everyday and most of the time my one son does. So tonight we arrive at the golden arches at 6:20pm and the sign on the door reads "Lobby closing at 7pm for remodeling will resume normal hours at 5:30am." Okay now I feel rushed. So we head in to a construction site mess. They are adding the McCafe so now we can get overpriced Coffee drinks at McD's. LOL. Then we notice that the Double Cheeseburger (our favorite) is now off the dollar menu and is $1.20. Replacing it on the value menu is a mcDouble. Deciding to be brave I approach the counter and ask the young girl what is the mcDouble? She then tells me it is a doulble cheeseburger with only one slice of cheese. What is cheese that expensive that they have to charge $.20 more for a slice. So we order the mcdouble to save that money. LOL. Well I have to say it is my new favorite. It is amazing the taste of the beef without the second piece of cheese. Then after enjoying our sandwich we head to the counter for dessert. Now I don't understand how they can sell sundaes, ice cream cones, two apple pies and three cookies for $1.00 but the milkshakes are now $2, 2.40 and 3.00. The McFlurry is now $2.40 what is the deal does oreo cost $1.40. I don't think so. Well my kids have learned it is a $1.00 sandwich and a $1.00 dessert or they don't eat. LOL. I will definetly go back to McD's I can never get enough of there fries, burgers and caramel sundaes but I will remember to take more money since it seems everything is going up and portions are going down. Even the fries have gone up now they are $1.35, 1.50 and 1.85. The dollar menu is definetly shrinking. I wonder if prices are different in other states for McDonald's?


1 comment:

Kris said...

Didn't they just build that McDonald's not too recently?

I love Micky D's too. But only once a week!