Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snow in the Lowcountry!


We are driving home from a wonderful weekend with my cousins in Georgia and there precious baby boy, "Thank you both for such a great weekend,"when all of a sudden my husband wakes me and says it is snowing. I woke up and said "What a cruel joke." Then what do my eyes see but SNOW. YEA! It has been since 2000 that we have seen snow. As we are driving it gets heavier and faster. We pull off at a gas station and my kids are running around with there mouth and hands open catching flakes. Meanwhile this guy is buying ice cream at Dairy Queen and laughing at the kids. Hey not there fault they don't remember snow, nor have they ever gotten to play in it. At one point it was so heavy and laying on the ground that I really could not believe we where in the Lowcounty. But regretfully at home we had flakes but nothing to write home about. No snow day for my children. LOL. But we will always remember Tuesday, January 20, 2009 as a snow day and hope the next one is coming soon.

1 comment:

Michele said...

HaHa! We're from Ohio...we get WAAY too much of that white stuff! I only like it from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day...then...that's it...it can go Bye-bye! LOL!
My sister lives in Alabama and her kids barely ever get to see it. Every time we get snow, I have to call them and send them pictures.
Anyhow, I thought that it was cute that your kids did what they did.