Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is Wrong with our Weather?

Just like this picture I don't know how to dress either due to our crazy weather. Warm one day, freezing the next, rainy the next then so windy I feel like I will be picked up and blown away. LOL. MD had the motto "If you don't like the weather stay a day it will be different." I think SC will have to adopt this motto too because I really thought I lived in the South but outside definitely feels more like MD where we are from. This is the coldest winter I have ever experienced here and we have been in Charleston since 1997. I really worry about this Hurricane season. If you go back in history to when Charleston has had hurricanes the winter has been brutal and had snow. Let's see 1989 Hugo they had snow that January. 1999 Floyd we had snow in January. This was the first snow my kids ever saw. But we where not this cold in 1999. We still were wearing shorts in March. Now 2009 we had snow in January and February will this be the year? Mind you snow here means a flake or too. But 1989 it actually stayed on the ground. Some cities did get snow on the ground in February this year just not where we live. This year we have had a few shorts wearing days but not very many and this is April. I do think our blood thins living here due to the humidity so anything under 70 seems to be cold to someone living here over 3 years. LOL. I look forward to warm weather that stays warm. This year our pool is not even opening to May last year it was April. Shows what a difference a year makes. I guess we will be singing Wind, Wind go away please don't come another day! LOL.

No comments: